NAR ACCOUNT REGISTRATION
The following information will guide you through the steps necessary to create an account in the North American Renewables Registry. The Registry Administrator is available to assist you throughout the registration process. For assistance please Contact Us.
1. REVIEW REGISTRY OPERATING DOCUMENTS
You should first review the following registry operating documents:
2. ONLINE REGISTRATION
- Visit the application and select the “Register Here” link.
- A pop-up window will appear with a checklist describing the steps required to register for an account.
- Scroll down the page and select the appropriate “Account Type” and click the “Continue Registration” button. The “Accounts Types” are:
General Account: This type of Account can hold, transfer (outgoing and incoming), and Retire credits. A General Account can also register and maintain Assets and have Credits issued to it for its Assets. This is the only account type that can retire RECs for compliance with the Missouri Renewable Electricity Standard, the Kansas Renewable Energy Standard, The Illinois Renewable Portfolio Standard, the Maine Renewable Portfolio Standard and the Puerto Rico Renewable Portfolio Standard.
Project Account: This type of Account can register Assets and have Credits issued to it for its Assets. A Project Account can hold, transfer (only outgoing transfers), withdraw and retire Credits. A Project Account cannot receive transfers from other parties.
Retail Purchaser Account: This type of Account is for retail purchasers of Credits. A Retail Purchaser Account can hold, accept incoming transfers, and retire Credits. They can also register and maintain Assets that are under 1MW in capacity and have Credits issued in their Account. A Retail Purchaser Account cannot make outgoing transfers.
Energy Efficiency Account: This type of Account can register energy efficiency projects as Assets and have EECs issued to it for its projects. An Energy Efficiency Account can hold, transfer (only outgoing transfers), withdraw and Retire EECs. An Energy Efficiency Account cannot receive transfers from other parties.
Qualified Reporting Entity (QRE)/ Verifier Account: An Account Holder with a QRE Account is assigned to an Asset and is responsible for verifying generation or storage information from that Asset. NAR tracks the specific types of Assets for which QRE’s are approved to provide services, ensuring that they are suitably qualified and accredited. The QRE Account cannot hold Credits.
- Review each section and indicate your acceptance of each section by checking “I Agree” to the left.
4. COMPLETE ACCOUNT APPLICATION
- Complete all required fields which are noted by an asterisk (*) and click “Submit”.
- Upon completion, you will receive an e-mail notification to activate the account. This activation must occur before the Registry Administrator is notified of your pending account.
5. ACCOUNT REVIEW
The Registry Administrator will review the account application.
- If the account application is complete and approved, an email notification describing account approval will be sent to the designated Account Manager E-mail address provided in the New Account Application form.
- If materials are incomplete or additional information is required, the Administrator will notify the Account Manager.
Approved accounts may begin using all functions of the system available to their User Type.
- Applicable Account Subscription and Registration Fees will be billed when the account is approved.
- Once the invoice is created, the Administrator sends the Account Manager an Email notification with the invoice and payment details.
- The Invoice is also made available online via the “My Invoices” report within the Registry for downloading and printing.
- Invoices must be paid in 30 days. Failure to pay will result in account deactivation.
7. CREATE SUB-ACCOUNT(S) & ADDITIONAL LOGINS
All types of account holders must first create an account for their organization.
- After account approval, additional Sub-Accounts can be created, and Logins added to your account.
- Owners of generating units/facilities, in addition to creating an account, must also register each one of their generators and must designate a Qualifying Reporting Entity for each facility.
- Please refer to the Registry’s online help for registration details.
8. ASSET REGISTRATION PROCESS (optional)
If you need to register assets in the registry, please go to Asset Registration.