Salary Range: Based on qualifications
Sales (ESG and Sustainability)
APX, Inc., the leader in energy and environmental technology, is seeking a seasoned sales professional to serve a critical role in the growth of our corporate SaaS solutions across the ESG and sustainability landscape. Today, these APX products include NAR, TIGRs, and ESGclear.
The APX North American Renewables Registry (NAR) is a web-based platform to create, track, and manage all renewable energy purchases and their associated certificates (RECs) across the United States, Canada, and Mexico. For international entities, the TIGRs registry (Tradable Instruments for Global Renewables) is the gold standard for tracking corporate clean energy certificates outside of North America.
As part of our company’s evolution to empower the world’s transition to clean energy and sustainability, APX is increasing our offerings through a product called ESGclear. For corporate entities, ESGclear digitalizes ESG-linked supply chain and finance transactions, contracts, and parameters to address material ESG goals and actions, including Scope 3 emissions mitigation. This provides each company – plus their suppliers, advisors, and auditors – with a purpose-built APX technology platform for ESG-linked transaction monitoring, reporting, and verification.
APX is hiring to expand our network of corporate clients and partners throughout the ESG and sustainability space. The successful candidate will be an ambitious salesperson with a proven capacity to originate leads, engage with key decision makers, build trusted relationships, develop a strong pipeline, surpass sales targets, and generate net new recurring revenue.
What You’ll Do
- Hunt and close ESG and sustainability sales opportunities to exceed monthly, quarterly, annual revenue targets.
- Grow the APX corporate customer base across current products (NAR, TIGRs, ESGclear) in addition to future ESG and sustainability offerings.
- Prospect new business by conducting research to identify key decision makers and influencers within target accounts.
- Leverage sales expertise and network of contacts to source new corporate leads with voluntary and regulatory-driven ESG/sustainability reporting needs (emphasis on Scope 3 supply chain and ESG-linked finance transactions, plus NAR and TIGRs).
- Plan Sales Strategy: Plan and execute sales strategy with purposeful action to complete the sale.
- Generate initial customer interest to secure an introductory meeting.
- Lead sales development activities including marketing, drafting proposals and contracts, coordinating with legal, and tracking associated activity in CRM system.
- Present to Customers: Use the facts found in the needs analysis phase to present a compelling demonstration of the APX suite of products and create a customer belief that they must have APX products.
- Handle Objections: Skillfully probe for objections and remove obstacles or eliminate barriers to gain commitment; understand the difference between a stall and an objection.
- Close Sales: Naturally lead the sales process to a close by demonstrating APX superior value proposition.
- Negotiate the Sale: Facilitate successful outcomes to maximize profits.
- Report Customer Contacts: Update customer relationship management tools regularly and timely.
- Maintain CRM platform, dashboards, and reports while keeping management regularly apprised of sales activities and pipeline.
- Forecast Sales: Provide consistent and accurate forward-looking information though pipeline analysis.
- Accurately forecast close dates and balance activity between ‘lead generation’ and ‘close’ to maintain strong and consistent pipeline.
- Optimize Internal Resources: Gather internal support as needed to pursue an account.
- Prioritize selling activities and follow through in a timely fashion.
- Inform company strategy and stay apprised of evolving industry circumstances, including voluntary/regulatory ESG protocols, market drivers, stakeholders, and SaaS competitors.
- Travel as needed to current/prospective clients and represent the company at in-person/virtual industry conferences and events.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of APX products through a commitment to ongoing training and awareness.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA a plus.
- 5 to 15+ years of successful enterprise SaaS sales experience, selling to executives and corporate management teams.
- Existing relationships with clients and stakeholders across the corporate ESG and sustainability reporting landscape; ESG subject matter expertise required.
- Proven track record of building a quality, multimillion-dollar sales pipeline of corporates, with a focus on ESG and sustainability reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a deal team; positive attitude, strong ability to communicate across departments and drive to “get the deal done.”
- Thorough understanding of buying cycles and working with executive-level decision makers.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong executive presence with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and implement successful sales strategies to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Proven ability to inspire, motivate, and lead cross-functional teams.
- Capacity to listen and quickly absorb commercial and technical concepts.
- Capability to interface with and remotely work with various groups and cultures involved.
- Creating long-term relationships using exceptional networking abilities.
- Keen awareness of market landscape and intelligence about clients, competitors, and stakeholders.
- Proficiency working with Microsoft Office products and CRM systems.